Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer in the suburbs

    Summer is eventful for our family, but this summer has already been truly remarkable. It began with our dryer's anniversary gift to my husband and I in the form of a fire. How in the world this happened it beyond me, but according to our local fireman it was "just your typical household dryer fire". Typical for him maybe since he is a fireman but having your dryer start on fire in the wee hours of the morning while your tossing back a few cold ones and trying to celebrate your wedding anniversary well that just does not sound typical to me. I know I have been obsessing over some of my favorite television shows from my younger days such as the original Beverly Hills, 90210 and Dawson's Creek lately but I did not realize that this would result in my life becoming an episode of it.   My Creek marathon has spawned a new favorite phrase for our dear Jake. Whenever someone is bothering him he doesn't hesitate to tell us to stop because we are "interrupting The Creek". To top off the crap sandwich that was June, with the fire and the intense cleaning the came afterward from all the smoke damage, July 4th we ended up sitting out in our garage with both kids in 110 degree weather while we waited for our Hero... the Xcel Energy Representative to rescue us from a gas leak. At least things seem to be calming down at least for me as I saw the doc this evening and he prescribed me three brand new prescriptions for sleep, happy, and calm. Hopefully the rest of July and August will continue to amaze me as well as bring a calm end to our adventurous beginning to our summer. Stay tuned for upcoming episodes of Cronk Family Drama LOL.  That's right folks... It's White Bear, 55110 aka Jakob's Lake.

1 comment:

  1. I got my pills for happy and unanxious but thanks to my anti blood boiling pills a.k.a high blood pressure meds, I can't take my pay attention pills as high blood pressure is a side affect. In other words if I take them I will be focused and on task but my blood pressure will sky rocket causing my heart to overheat. In thinking about it I think my children would rather I be alive and not paying attention than focused and on task up in heaven.

    ReplyDelete